You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Layla Faye's Starter Spells Empty Layla Faye's Starter Spells Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Layla Faye

Layla Faye
Name: Palm Strike
Magic Cost: 10 mp
Requirements: Palm Magic
Class: Offensive
Element: None
Cooldown: 3 posts
Duration: Instant
Effect: After extending the arm, the user sends out a barrage of 5 palm strikes towards her target from the flattened palm of the arm being grasped, pushing the target away 2 meters. These barrage of 5 palm strikes can travel up to 5 meters maximum and all 5 together inflict small bruises to the opponent. It can be blocked with 2 D-class spells or 1 C-class spell or higher spells.

Name: Palm Split
Magic Cost: 10 mp, 5 to sustain
Cooldown: 4 posts
Duration: 4 posts
Effect: Bending down and slam the ground with her flattened palm, the user can create a split in the earth before them. The split can be of maximum 5 meters long and wide and is meant to trap the opponent. While being trapped, the split slowly becomes narrower and can cause bruises to the opponent. This spell can be blocked or broken with 2 D-class spells or 1 C-class spell or higher spells. After the duration of 4 posts, the split will be gone and the opponent is free again, if not already the blocked or broken.

Name: Speed of Palms
Cooldown: 2 posts
Effect: This spell will buff the user with 25% speed. The user gets into the “gong bu” stance with their arms spread behind them, their hands folded into a “crane”. Gets up, bending on knee up and flashes towards the opponent in a swirl like movement. With great speed the user strikes the opponent with their palms 5 times. All together they will cause small bruises and can be blocked with 2 D-class spells or 1 C-class spell or higher spells.

Name: Palm Shield
Class: Defensive
Cooldown: 2 posts
Effect: The user stretches out her arms forward and places one hand on the other, forming an upwards V-sign. A shield with a height of 5 meters in the form of a palm appears in front of her. The shield can block 2 D-class spells and 1 C-class spell. If hit with a fire or lightning spell, it will burn or shock the user since she only uses her hands and organic flesh is susceptible to being harmed by these elements.

Name: Dance of Palms Strikes
Magic Cost: 20 mp
Cooldown: 4 posts
Effect: The user jumps in the air with their eyes closed, laying the insides of their palms against each other and twirls around shooting out 10 palms strikes. These palm strikes can travel up to 10 meters maximum and all 10 together inflict deep bruises to the opponent. It can be blocked with 3 D-class spells or 1 C-class spell or higher spells.

Last edited by Layla Faye on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Layla Faye's Starter Spells Empty Re: Layla Faye's Starter Spells Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Layla Faye

Layla Faye
Finished my starter spells.

3Layla Faye's Starter Spells Empty Re: Layla Faye's Starter Spells Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Layla Faye

Layla Faye
Bump.

4Layla Faye's Starter Spells Empty Re: Layla Faye's Starter Spells Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 am

Alyssa Strauss

Alyssa Strauss
Hello Layla,

I'll be reviewing your magic application today.

First off, I'm a bit confused for your palm strike. You said that the range can extend up to 5 meters? Does this mean that you move forward five meters or do your arms stretch 5 meters forwards? It would be better if you could make that clear. Also, 2 D-Rank spells is the equivalent of 1 C-Rank spell. Unless you're saying that a D-Rank spell cannot block a D-Rank spell, then there is a problem with the balancing of this spell. Please edit it so that it is not as overpowered. Please also state that all five palm strikes equal out to 1 D-Rank spell damage.

With your palm split, can you please state whether the cooldown starts after the spell is blocked/broken, or after activation of the spell? Also, to render an opponent immobile for four posts is a very strong effect. There needs to be another drawback beside the sustain cost. I'll leave you to your own devices for that.

Thirdly, since your Palm Shield spell is of no element, I do not believe that it should be able to block all C-Rank damage regardless of element. If you're blocking a fire spell for example, it WILL burn you. If you're blocking a lightning spell, it WILL shock you. You are only using your hands and organic flesh is susceptible to being harmed by these elements. Please put that in there.

Lastly, your Dance of the Palm Strikes should list that all 10 strikes equal to 1 C-Rank damage. I do not believe that it is balanced to make mages have to use 2 C-Rank abilities to counter your attack. Please nerf this so that it would be 3 D-Rank attacks or 1 C-Rank and above.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me by any means. I look forward to seeing your edits and godspeed.

Yours,

Alyssa

5Layla Faye's Starter Spells Empty Re: Layla Faye's Starter Spells Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Layla Faye

Layla Faye
I have made the changes you have asked for, hopefully they are changed correctly!!

6Layla Faye's Starter Spells Empty Re: Layla Faye's Starter Spells Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Alyssa Strauss

Alyssa Strauss
Thank you for making the edits. Approved by me and clear for the final approval.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

• Total Posts:
  • Total Members:
  • Newest Member:
  • Most Online: Most users ever online was 169 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:28 am

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests