You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Melkiador Belzander

Melkiador Belzander
I didn't see a thread like this, if there is one, then sorry, and feel free to delete this one.  

I'm assuming that most of the people here are fans of the Fairy Tail series.  Hopefully, a few of you are reading the manga and would like to talk about it.

You can expect spoilers beyond this point.  If you don't want spoilers, then I wouldn't read further.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Last edited by Melkiador on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Melkiador Belzander

Melkiador Belzander
Issue #363
* So, we finally know Tartaros' plan.
* The magic council sure builds a lot of stupid stuff. And does a lot of stupid stuff with it.
* Just how many times can Lisanna appear to die, before we stop caring. I'm about to start calling her Jean Grey.
* Just how did Happy survive that bomb? Super dodging? Super tough?
* Lucy must spend a ton of money on clothes. They always seem to take damage.

Naga

Melkiador wrote:* Just how did Happy survive that bomb? Super dodging? Super tough?
It was the worst part of the manga. Jackal single handedly wasted the Council a couple of chapters ago with his explosions and now Happy at point-blank range manages to survive it without any severe injuries.

Melkiador Belzander

Melkiador Belzander
Yeah. And while I don't want the manga to get dark, and I like Happy, he would have been a really great character to kill off to make everything more serious.

I think the next most killable character would be Mirajane.

Layla Faye

Layla Faye
* Just how did Happy survive that bomb? Super dodging? Super tough?
Magic councill < Happy? This doesn't make any sense! The council should be way stronger than I cat, right…
they are too fond on the main characters, it seems.. why Mirajane, btw?

* Lucy must spend a ton of money on clothes. They always seem to take damage.
and indeed lol... but she never had enough money for her rent ooor.. maybe Virgo gives her free clothes all the time?

Melkiador Belzander

Melkiador Belzander
There are great mages like Walrod who just aren't good in a fight, but it seems odd the entire council would be like that.

Mirajane just because she is loved by all and has no ongoing character arc. Removing her from the story would be felt but wouldn't change much. There are only a few characters who are meaningful but disposable. She's probably the top of that list.

Melkiador Belzander

Melkiador Belzander
Issue #364
*What a twist. Seriously though, I can't believe I didn't see that one coming. Natsu is smarter than he looks.
* Interesting to see Oracian Seis up and running again.
* I wonder if their anime only "reborn" will be mentioned in the manga.

Darion Steinheil

Darion Steinheil
Meh, don't think they will bring the anime reborn version up. It was never in the manga so it is not Canon Canon.
Although, it will be nice to see their future role.
That twist was relatively easy to see though, at least for me :/.

Addon: I just hope that in future battles they will tone down on the "I WILL PROTECT MY FRIENDS AND BECOME ÜBER" crap.

Melkiador Belzander

Melkiador Belzander
It wasn't so much that it wasn't easy to see, just that no one seemed to suggest it before it was revealed.  At least no one I ever talked too.  Maybe we were too busy complaining about indestructible Happy.  Hmm, that may be a good story telling hack actually.  Get people too distracted with one event to notice the obvious twist coming.

I don't think the nakama power will ever go away.  It's basically a theme of the manga at this point.  It's like the theme of Naruto is "one generation succeeding the next".  Or the theme of Bleach is "SWORDS!!!".

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

• Total Posts:
  • Total Members:
  • Newest Member:
  • Most Online: Most users ever online was 133 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:38 pm

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests