You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fungomancy First Set Empty Fungomancy First Set Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Angela Agaricus

Angela Agaricus
Magic: Fungomancy
Type: Caster
Element: Plant
Description: A form of magic that relies of conjuring various types of spores that result in various effects. The fighting style of fungomancy is highly reliant on stacking effects on the targeted enemy to make them more vulnerable to the few offensive spells the class possesses.

Name: Corrosive Spores
Cost: 10/5
Class: Offensive
Duration: 3 posts
Cooldown: 2 posts
Effect: Fires a cloud of spores up to 5 meters away and in an a 3 meter square area. These spores lingerer for a short while before dissipating (3 posts including the post it is cast). These spores inflict first degree chemical burns to any exposed skin they come in contact with, increasing the damage of the caster’s physical strikes and holds with this effect. These spores deal damage when in contact with live organic matter (plant or animal). The caster is not immune to their own spores’ effects.

Name: Poisonous Spores
Class: Offensive/Effect
Effects: Fires a cloud of spores up to 5 meters away and in an a 3 meter square area. These spores lingerer for a short while before dissipating (3 posts including the post it is cast). When these spores come in contact with exposed skin they inflict a minor DoT effect (approximately ½ a D rank of damage for every post the victim of the effect makes, DoT costs 5 mana a turn to sustain). The DoT effect fades four posts after last contact with spores is made, but if the victim is subject to a healing spell the effect is immediately removed (regardless of the exact effects of the healing spell). The caster is not immune to their own spore’s effects.

Name: Veiled Lady
Type: Debuff
Duration: 5 posts
Effects: Fires a webbed fungal net about 3 meters in both diameter and height at the target at a maximum range of 5 meters. The adhesive net sticks to the victim’s limbs, weighing them down and limiting their movements, causing a speed debuff of 10%.

Name: Concealing Spores- Cloud
Type: Effect
Effects: Sends out a thick cloud of non-lethal spores into a 20 meter circumference around the caster. This obscures the vision of the caster, their allies, and their enemies. Reduces accuracy and visibility of the caster, friendly units, and enemy units.

Name: Luminous Puffball
Class: Buff
Effect: Conjures a floating fungus globule that follows the caster. This globule emits a glowing light that allows the caster and anyone within range to see clearly in the dark, the fog, or dust clouds within a 10 meter circumference.

Name: Red Cage
Cost: 20/5
Type: Defensive
Duration: 2 posts
Cooldown: 3 posts
Effects: Grows a close-knit fungal shell around the caster or a target that the caster is able to touch. The outside is hard and calcified while the inside is soft and cushioned. This spell defends against a cumulative 1 B rank of damage and slightly reduces any fall damage. The shell is only large enough to contain a single person.

Name: Razor Cap
Cost: 20
Type: Offensive
Duration: Instant
Cooldown: 3 posts
Effects: Casts a small cluster of spores that immediately form into a calcified mushroom cap with sharpened edges. The cap is cast like a discus at enemies, traveling a maximum range of 10 meters, and is capable of inflicting moderately deep cuts on impact.

Last edited by Angela Agaricus on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 pm; edited 5 times in total

2Fungomancy First Set Empty Bump Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Angela Agaricus

Angela Agaricus
Bump. Ready for the build to be evaluated.

Note: I tried to balance out the more powerful effects by reducing the range of the spell and/or making the caster susceptible to their effects.

3Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz
Corrosive Spores- Touch
first degree burns

wherever you got that "coats the surface", gimme a max surface area
I think the ones we got for aoe are
d rank - 3 square meters
c rank - 5 square meters

Paralysis Spores- Touch
this would be a speed debuff, look to the third post in the magic regulations for how to handle it

Hallucinogenic Spores- Touch
Illusions = no

Veiled Lady
look to what I said on paralysis spores

Concealing Spores- Cloud
instead of circumference, could you supply me with a radius or a diameter?
is a debuff
ya if u wanna know how much it debuffs by, look at that 3rd post of the magic regulations

Cloud versions of the first 3
define the area of effect
pretty much everything I asked of u for the first three spells, please

Red Cage
Last bit is a no go. "Whoever is contained in the shell cannot break out early, either by magic or brute force."
tho if u make it so like only u can be inside the cage, sure, but ya, it can still be broken from the outside
and just for the sake of my sanity, pls tell me the size of the cage; u don't have to be specific, just be like "only room for one average size person inside" or however u think

Razor Cap
while I've got you here, inflicting*

Allllso, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you're D rank, so I believe you only have access to up to 5 D rank spells and 2 C rank spells.

4Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:54 pm

Angela Agaricus

Angela Agaricus
Bump.

Sorry about all the mistakes. I thought I was suppose to write all the spells I would learn at any rank, but I see now that I'm suppose to just do my first set for Rank D.

I replaced the hallucination and paralysis spells because, as you pointed out, they were unfair. I'm hoping the two "touch" spells I have are allowed to be a bit stronger than most D rank spells because they have no range and the caster can be harmed by them if they come in contact with the spores, so there is a trade off.

5Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz
In general
D rank cool down is 2 posts
C rank cool down is 3 posts
I don't really see any significant effects that would warrant an increase/decrease to these
Duration can be for up to 6 posts, including the post you cast the spell, and any spell with a duration that goes on for longer than 1 post (i.e. the post the spell is cast) you need to sustain it
could I get you to add the sustain costs just next to the casting cost?
so like "Cost: 20 (10)" or whatever format you prefer

Poisonous Spores
That DoT gonna need to be sustained pls

Veiled Lady
what's this net look like? (specifically, dimensions)

6Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Angela Agaricus

Angela Agaricus
Bump.

I made a few changes but you may need to confirm a few things for me. I added the cost to sustain to the poison spores, but I wasn't sure if I had to add that to the other spells. Since I can't actually control the movement of my spells (such as the "touch" spells or the "cloud" spells) do I still need to pay a sustaining cost for those?

7Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz
I see what you mean, however the effects will still need to be sustained.

I really don't see any effects which would make you reduce ranges so much, but if you okay with it, that's on you

8Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Angela Agaricus

Angela Agaricus
Bump. I've added a sustain cost to all spells that last more than one post.

I've changed the "touch" spells to distance spells. I would like to change them back to "touch" spells if I can increase the damage they do as a result. If the range penalty isn't enough to to increase damage, then I have no more editing to do (beyond any further corrections you need me to make).

9Fungomancy First Set Empty Re: Fungomancy First Set Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:25 pm

Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz
A pp roved

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

• Total Posts:
  • Total Members:
  • Newest Member:
  • Most Online: Most users ever online was 242 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:27 pm